Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Caffeine Power Nap!

This is a real method I use all the time for the countless allnighters I have to pull for my overloaded work schedule and to take care of our baby who also never sleeps. Might not work for everyone, but it works for me. Obviously sleep is important for health and I'm not encouraging anyone to deprive themselves or anything like that (don't sue me if we all find out not sleeping kills you, it was your choice to try it), but being overloaded is a reality in everyone's lives and if you just can't help but miss sleep, you might give this a shot. I feel much better after!
"The Caffeine Nap is simple: you drink a cup of coffee and immediately take a 15-20 minute nap. Researchers found coffee helps clear your system of adenosine, a chemical which makes you sleepy. The combination of a cup of coffee with an immediate nap chaser provided the most alertness for the longest period of time in tests. The recommendation was to nap only 15 minutes, no more or less and you must sleep immediately after the coffee." - via http://www.sleepdex.org/caffeine-nap.htm

I'd like to add that for best results, stay hydrated. REALLY hydrated (which also helps keep you awake) and JUMP out of that bed/chair/floor/computer keyboard. If you jump up and get moving, get that blood going, your body and mind will feel much better much faster.

Let me know if it works for you! Good luck with your deadlines!! If we keep at it, we'll reach success and get away from the sleepless nights!

~Ray

RayDillon.com | Twitter | Facebook | MySpace | DeviantArt

1 comment:

Ruby Fullerton said...

Thanks for this useful post . Congrats !